blank slate the denial of human nature

no time for regret

get busy livin or get busy dyin. my brother always said. few times in my life have I regretted my words.

but I cannot be alive and have hate for another.
I cannot breathe a breath if my mirror doesn't reflect what I see.
but I do
I cannot exhist and know i've not done my best but I do.
I cannot lie or cause pain..and live w myself but I will
I cannot live and lie
but lies will be said.
I cannot be arrogant but
its how I appear
I cannot live w fear
but my fear is deep.
how can I love w/o living as if.
every child and woman
trusts my name.
I do
how do I live.
I can't live and not try
but why do I stay
where I fear
where hermits dwell
only to be a hermit
but stuck in his dream
hermit floating
on a parade of paranoid eyes
I want to be included.
I want you to like me
I want so much
but how did I become this stuck.

every day a strangers eye tells me...im no suprisem
every day my guilt of shame is
written in the sky.
all watch me fall
theyvwatch me in my sleep
at my most private moment
they stick scopes inside me.

why

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...there is no time for regrets, dammit, you have the rest of your life and i've found that if you think about if there's always, ALWAYS something to look forward to, no matter how small it is...pack some fruit, go to a local park, sit and enjoy what you see/experience...
peace and love...

DAD

DAD
My Father by Mark Merrill