blank slate the denial of human nature

ppoem

reaction distraction
start to a new episode
ooops what'd i do
found a freind in the road

too many dark places
yet to be seen
why cant i let a moment be
w/o me getting in the way

youve nothing to prove
long way from accepting
what i am now

best like an afternoon
before darkness falls

afraid of myself
afraid of it all

love came fast
took me by suprise
left me dancing until the sunrise

it left faster
leaving me sick
left me w/ my own
my own world of shit

so long i cried
a child
imprisoned inside

why'd you come
and cover the night
let me love your gazing stars
from depression to obsession
a gift from god
why'd the pain have to come so fast
you said you LOVED me
no intention of making it last.

it was an earthquake
out of our control
it took out my apartment
but left your soul

i didnt let go
wanting no other
you were gone
you werent my lover

i never blaimed you
torn in two you were
between a steady stream
and a rain shower

so you cold sing
I could listen to you forever
you taught me perserverance
and the strenghth of the will

all i could think about

No comments:

DAD

DAD
My Father by Mark Merrill